ADHD build

Document your builds and projects here
Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: ADHD build

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 am That's beautiful. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
if it wasnt for the fact that im back to looking for a tcase i wouldnt even be mad as that is an impressive repair :lmao:

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

call up brent at atc

Joe_the_ice_man
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Joe_the_ice_man »

Snowracer wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 am more farmer hacks, front frame was bent from not having a bumper and just a chain between the two frame rails that bent the crap out of the frame. was able to push it back close, or good enough for a wheeling rig that will have a crossmember and bumper to hold everything together

better, forgot to take a pic of the other side but you get the idea

You need to incorporate a chain into your front bumper to commemorate this. :poke:
'89 Sami 2.3,03-72LE - The Corona Wagon [url]https://forum.4x4north.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=216[/url]

'87 Sami, stockish drivetrain with CJ5 springs - Another unfinished Sami - find it yourself :razz:

'53 Willys CJ3b Buick 225,sm465,Dana 18,Dana 44s

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

pointsnorth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:03 pm call up brent at atc
had brad talk to him a few weeks ago and he doesnt have anything that will work for me

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

trimmed the crossmember last night, will give me a little more room for diff and steering

welded some flat bar on the bottom to add back some strength

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

There's a NP271F on fagbook if that's what you need.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:37 pm There's a NP271F on fagbook if that's what you need.
its the right case but wrong at the same time :headbang: its a 34 spline input and i need the 31. tempted to grab it and see if i can do some parts swapping with my parts case and make it work

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

after lots of thinking and planning on the front suspension set up i think i got it figured out. Ford obs trucks come with a front shackle set up and most people do a reversal, only problem is that gives you 3+ inches of lift when doing that. im using 99-04 4 inch lift springs so that would give me to much lift for what i want. so going to keep it front shackle to help keep it low. the superduty springs are 3" longer then the obs springs, will also do a hole in the frame and do a better bushing/shackle set up. should not hang down any lower then the stock front eye did but give me more travel

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

got the front shackle mount done

dom in the frame for the bushing, also welded up the frame on the bottom and then braced the dom sleeve

need to get some better shackles cut as just made some temp ones for now

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

started to clean the trans up and resealing it

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by HillBilt »

Nice work. In the days of tube buggies and frames, there is still something about modding a wire wheeled OEM frame that gets me fired up :pimp:
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

HillBilt wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:04 am Nice work. In the days of tube buggies and frames, there is still something about modding a wire wheeled OEM frame that gets me fired up :pimp:
thanks man :cheers:

got the steering mocked up last night. all chevy tie rods and even went with the offset ones for the knuckles for little more diff cover clearance. drag link is at a 3.5deg slope right now so will probably be flat once i get some weight on the springs. will wait will i have the weight on it to build the trac bar so can make sure it matches the drag link

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

havent had much time this last month to work on this but did get a little bit done

motor and trans are in the frame and bolted up, did a new fly wheel and clutch as the old one was nfg for sure

picked up a set of Nitro 35 spline hubs, look just like Yukons but at 3rd of the price so hope they are not garbage

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I'm curious how those Nitro hubs do. The Yukon ones are nice, but still cunty at times.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

finally got a tcase built for this. had to take the 31 spline input out of my parts tcase and put it in a tcase from a newer truck that was 34 spline.

bolted in with a clocking rig so it clears the crossmember and gives me a flat belly. made up some shifter linkage while at it

was able to get enough help and got the cab on, just sitting right there and have to figure out some mounting. right now its sitting to high in the back as its sitting on the tcase cause i clocked it up. thats ok as most of the floor on that side is rusty so will cut it out and build a new floor and make room for the tcase