:laughing:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1617000555435.jpg

Muckin_Slusher
Forum Newbie
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Picture of the day thread!

Post by Muckin_Slusher »

Creek opened up between us and the ice fishing shacks still on the lake. We plowed enough trees into the creek to drive across. Creek is 6+ feet deep and 25 feet wide. This is my wife and daughter on my SWT.
heidi and momma.jpg

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

My boys are going to learn there is consequences to shooting their dad with nerf guns while he sleeps. Battery powered dual motor semi auto ten shot clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

Sucker for odd ball 4x4s. But a v8 solid axles and coils at all four corners for 500 bucks because no one around here knows anything about them

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 147 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

pointsnorth wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:20 am Image
Sucker for odd ball 4x4s. But a v8 solid axles and coils at all four corners for 500 bucks because no one around here knows anything about them

Gut the wiring and throw a Haltech or some other aftermarket EFI controller at it and it should actually be reliable. I've debated picking one up before to do that.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

I love the Land Rover stuff. They work really well. Busy had one up north until he hit an elk and it developed electrical issues and Icbc wrote it off as soon as wiring issue and Land Rover were mentioned. I think ls, with gutted electrical and bigger diffs it would be awesome

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote:
pointsnorth wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:20 am Image

Gut the wiring and throw a Haltech or some other aftermarket EFI controller at it and it should actually be reliable. I've debated picking one up before to do that.
Scoobienorth wrote:I love the Land Rover stuff. They work really well. Busy had one up north until he hit an elk and it developed electrical issues and Icbc wrote it off as soon as wiring issue and Land Rover were mentioned. I think ls, with gutted electrical and bigger diffs it would be awesome
Yeah wiring on these things is horrible. The last one I had at the shop was originally from Texas and was a nightmare. Body was mint but the underside showed it had most likely used to launch boats in the Gulf of Mexico its whole life.

It was towed from another shop who had diagnosed it as needing 3000 dollars in engine work including a pcm and crank sensor. I popped the hood cleaned and tightened the battery clamps so that it would even start. Put my scanner on it and got a ton of incorrect voltage codes. Tested the battery found it had a dead cell. Replaced the battery. Runs mint replaced the front wheel bearings and a brake line. Customer drove it away having paid nowhere near 3gs

This one a hauling company contacted me about they had picked it up in trade for a back haul knowing I’m the guy that would take it off their hands. Same deal as the last one every light was on and none of the fancy electric options worked. I drove it to the shop with it barely running. Cleaned the battery terminals and tightened the clamps. And then I was rallying it around the industrial park for twenty minutes.

Only thing left to do is see if I can adjust the shift linkage as it takes a bit of messing around to get the prndl indicator on the Centerconsole to light up on drive. It then relays the computer that then registers drive on the instrument cluster and then you have drive. other wise it just holds the trans in third. Land rovers are weird. They also do not have shift interlock so doing a drive neutral reverse at highway speed is easy. Seems it’s a common complaint if you look online at the pros and cons of buying one Of these

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

These series twos were also the beginning of fords owner ship of land rover and ford was hoping to run this model for a few years and save some money before having to spend on a series three. One of fords cost saving feature was the Center diff lock wasn’t an option. Even though it is installed in the tcase there was no shifter for it. If I keep this thing around I might have to make a shifter for it.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 147 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

pointsnorth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:54 amThey also do not have shift interlock so doing a drive neutral reverse at highway speed is easy. Seems it’s a common complaint if you look online at the pros and cons of buying one Of these
That seems like a significant design flaw for such a new vehicle. :lmao:

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

oh yeah once your aware of it you definitely are careful about it. I guess it would be good if you were stuck and trying to rock it back and forth

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

After all the years of smashing knuckles while trying to remove transfer case bolts in tight situations I built me a tool to get at the wrench without smashing another knuckle. A quick shop poll of names and it is now called “the handi “ with “the reacharound “ a close second lol