Ford Ranger leaf springs?

Chassis, suspension, tires, etc
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Ford Ranger leaf springs?

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Does anyone actually lift Ford Rangers? Rockauto says 83-03 would be the years that use the same rear spring, and I'm looking for a 3" lift version of them.

Or is every Ford Ranger out there lifted with a cobbled collection of stacked blocks and random bits of rebar?

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Re: Ford Ranger leaf springs?

Post by arse_sidewards »

The market for lift springs is slim because Chevy 63s work really damn well in these trucks (only need to move the front hanger) so that's what a ton of people go with.

Also, springs up through '11 probably work. Dimensions should be the same. Difference is probably in the bolt sizes.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Interesting, the later springs are basically the same, just 3/16" longer (allegedly). I can't find the bolt hole size anywhere though.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

hard to find a small lift spring for rangers as most do bastard packs, 6" lift leafs or swap to chevy springs
Last edited by Snowracer on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict

Post by arse_sidewards »

No way Chevy 63s net you a full 6"

If they do you can always swap them in and then flip the rear shackle so it's in tension.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

arse_sidewards wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:15 am No way Chevy 63s net you a full 6"

If they do you can always swap them in and then flip the rear shackle so it's in tension.
I want them to go SOA in a Comanche without getting 6-7" of lift.

There's another GM spring that might work, but it looks like it would be too tall too.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

If your looking to go with ranger springs I’ve got one brand new oem spring pack here customer had parts shipped to my door and Amazon lost one spring and sent him two more. Yours for a case beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict

Post by arse_sidewards »

Why not go SUA with a pack that's too tall?

You'll get better pack life that way anyway since you'll never have the pack go negative.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

pointsnorth wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 am If your looking to go with ranger springs I’ve got one brand new oem spring pack here customer had parts shipped to my door and Amazon lost one spring and sent him two more. Yours for a case beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which spring rate or P/N is it? Any idea? I might want it and just use it with a zero rate and a longer shackle, or something.
arse_sidewards wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:53 pm Why not go SUA with a pack that's too tall?

You'll get better pack life that way anyway since you'll never have the pack go negative.
The static arch is 10.25" to start with. So to get the lift I want you've either got to go up in rate bunch, or go to something like 13-14" of static arch. I'm not sure if it's a bad idea really, I could add a leaf and go with a longer shackle, but the springs I have are thundered, and they're quite expensive to buy new. I'm not sure.

Also, I plan to run an overload and bumpstops either way, I'll contact things before a SOA pack goes negative most likely. I think. I'd have to measure some stuff for sure.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

ill try and make it out to the seacan today and dig up a part number. its was a dorman number

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

pointsnorth wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:43 am ill try and make it out to the seacan today and dig up a part number. its was a dorman number
Anyone driving this way? I'm pretty tempted to take it regardless, because I can at least eyeball it up.