The price is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Winches

Post by Scoobienorth »

They’ve got a baller air compressor too that moves 10 cfnm at 0 psi and over 5 cfm at 80 psi

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Well that's interesting. :smokin:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

pointsnorth wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:59 pm The price is pretty good

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:31 pm
Well that's interesting. :smokin:
pretty good price for what it is and thats taxes in and shipped. only thing is cant find anything about them other then on their own web site and no real reviews. only 5 year warranty and have to ship to Australia if there is an issue

Master Yota
Forum Newbie

Post by Master Yota »

I use the Superwinch LP 10. Pulls like a freight train, reliable with good seals and electricals. It's not quick, but not really slow either.
I've got a 17.5k on the front if the M37, and it will out pull single line most 8k winches with a snatch block. It pulls like a tow truck.
1993 Fzj80 Landcruiser
1991 Toyota pickup
1953 M37
1996 Dodge 2500

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Really not finding much out there for real world discussion on the Sherpas.

One article about a different model: https://www.whichcar.com.au/gear/recove ... winch-test

They had some complaints, one being it was slow (different model, moot point), and another that the controller kinda sucked and was labelled poorly (sounds like it has shit pictures like Warn went to). Aesthetics wise, you drive a Ford, so I can't see you caring about that. :flipoff: The only other thing was moot, unless you're going to run the synthetic rope, in which case the line slipping on the drum might be an issue.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Changing up regional settings so I'm searching from Australia gets a little more info, but almost none.

This seemed relevant:
We bought 2 Sherpa 17000 Steed winches for our 100 and brothers 200.
Wish i didn't.
Electrical issues, controller wired wrong, terminals on motor too short, difficult to fit solenoid and to top it off the gearbox seems to be crunching.
Hope to get a replacement unit.

Rusty.
https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/-12 ... es-winches

Comment is from 2016, so production may have changed to sort out these kinks.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Watching their product videos on their web site I’m not impressed with their controllers either they look like a overhead crane control unit. They list remote kits but I couldn’t find any info

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by SasquatchCdn »

The gen 3 Smitty built 9.5 xrc is definitely a huge Improvement over the older ones. And they are dirt-cheap.
The slow freespool annoys me every time I use it though...

I disassembled mine and shortened the drum 4 inches and welded it back together.
Makes for tight packaging, less weight, and your usually using the first few wraps of the drum which increases the line speed. And I have 50 ft of spare cable for when I wreck this one.

If you budget is a bit higher the runya 11 is tits, I'm just not sure what availability of parts will be like.

My biggest beef with warn winches are if your controller breaks or you lose it you can't just use a paper clip to jump it. It's a major PITA.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 pm Really not finding much out there for real world discussion on the Sherpas.

One article about a different model: https://www.whichcar.com.au/gear/recove ... winch-test

They had some complaints, one being it was slow (different model, moot point), and another that the controller kinda sucked and was labelled poorly (sounds like it has shit pictures like Warn went to). Aesthetics wise, you drive a Ford, so I can't see you caring about that. :flipoff: The only other thing was moot, unless you're going to run the synthetic rope, in which case the line slipping on the drum might be an issue.
one good thing i have to say is they are pretty good at getting back to customers ect as emailed them yesterday and had a reply this morning. was asking about remote mounting the control box ect. they also called me on sunday as i had put one in my shopping cart ect and they called to see if i wanted to order, might just being looking for the sale but good to know they are not scared to talk to the customer like some companies
pointsnorth wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:31 am Watching their product videos on their web site I’m not impressed with their controllers either they look like a overhead crane control unit. They list remote kits but I couldn’t find any info

ya the crane controller is big and ulgy but looks well sealed. dont really care as wouldnt be using it as would hardwire the winch in the cab and run off a switch ect

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

if they are wiling to call you id hit them up for a sponsorship for the buggy

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

pointsnorth wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 am if they are wiling to call you id hit them up for a sponsorship for the buggy
just emailed them this morning about sponsership :lmao: be good exposure for them to have a bright yellow winch and big ass Sherpa decal on the truck at Insanity Fab when the race turns into a winch fest like it did last year

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

just watched a video a vendor sent on the new gen 3 smittys they brag up the 7hp motor but claim it only increases the line speed 12 percent sooo still nowhere near as fast as a base warn :lmao: :lmao:

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

but im sure the led lit winch spool and remote equipped with a flash light and load sensing leds will be hit with the gay-k crew. of course the color match winch armor is just the tits