Winches

Chassis, suspension, tires, etc
arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Re: Winches

Post by arse_sidewards »

Provience wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:27 pm haven't done it, but i'm interested. please keep us updated. I've got a cheap smittybuilt XRC9 (?) that needs going through. same kind of plan to mount it in the rear
What did you wind up doing in the front? Still planning on hydraulic?

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Provience »

arse_sidewards wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:14 am
Provience wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:27 pm haven't done it, but i'm interested. please keep us updated. I've got a cheap smittybuilt XRC9 (?) that needs going through. same kind of plan to mount it in the rear
What did you wind up doing in the front? Still planning on hydraulic?
100%. I haven't bought any of my major steering parts yet because i don't really need them for a while yet

chopped down mile marker 12k hydraulic, just need to make a mount for it now that it fits, thanks scott for the choppy chop thought :cheers:
IMG_3042.JPG
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by HillBilt »

There’s been some chatter on here about laying down an 8274. Seen this chassis design from off-road armoury and looks like one is laid down in the backImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

So, does the 8274 hold up if laid down? I see lots with cracked mounts, but I assume that's from idiots smashing things with them.

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Provience »

everything is happier laid down. the milemarker has got tapped holes in the front and the rear, so i'm going to go feet down, but angle iron to box it in
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

so finally pulled the trigger on a new winch, went with the Warn VR EVO 10. main selling features for me was the lower amps at zero weight and full weight then the Smittybuilt winches, better IP rating so will be better sealed ect. Also has a 2 in 1 remote so can be wireless, not as fast line speed as i was wanting but will be way faster then my M15 ive been running forever so that a bonus as well

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by HillBilt »

Snowracer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 am so finally pulled the trigger on a new winch, went with the Warn VR EVO 10. main selling features for me was the lower amps at zero weight and full weight then the Smittybuilt winches, better IP rating so will be better sealed ect. Also has a 2 in 1 remote so can be wireless, not as fast line speed as i was wanting but will be way faster then my M15 ive been running forever so that a bonus as well
I think the new warns have a bluetooth option now, control that shit with your phone :pimp:
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

HillBilt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm
Snowracer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 am so finally pulled the trigger on a new winch, went with the Warn VR EVO 10. main selling features for me was the lower amps at zero weight and full weight then the Smittybuilt winches, better IP rating so will be better sealed ect. Also has a 2 in 1 remote so can be wireless, not as fast line speed as i was wanting but will be way faster then my M15 ive been running forever so that a bonus as well
I think the new warns have a bluetooth option now, control that shit with your phone :pimp:
nah im good with kicking it old school and plugging the controller in. the VR EVO is supposed to be wireless so even thats pretty fancy for me :homer:

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Order the bigger battery as the one sent with the winch controller is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk