new guy from sask

Please introduce yourself here. You must make an introduction post before you can post on the rest of the forum.
gerber boy
Forum Newbie

new guy from sask

Post by gerber boy »

hey,

from central sask. have a few different junkers kicking around that never seem to get worked on or fixed.

-85 shortbox chev, 454 (spun bearing) th400, 205, 60/14 5.13's and 44's or 38's to mud race
- 99 2500hd SAS project, being ignored for the last 6 years or so
- 96 XJ, 6" long arm kit, 35's, and a bunch of other stuff that im still figuring out. (bought it built already to replace my SXS)

don't really wheel much, but sure enjoy drinking beer in the shop! :pimp:

gerber boy
Forum Newbie

Re: new guy from sask

Post by gerber boy »

jeep xj.jpg
the XJ i picked up, was built already. got it to replace the RZR, wanted something that had heat, more comfortable to play with in the winter, and could plate to take down the road.
orange truck.jpg
gmc 2500, started to SAS it, had the front mostly done but lost motivation so started robbing parts of it for my red truck rebuild. been sitting in the back corner of my shop for the last handful of years unsure what i want to do with it. might get the lift done in the back end soon and decide if i should keep the tons under it and rebuild them or throw the set of 2.5 tons under it that i have in the back of the shop as well.
red truck.jpg
spun a bearing in this last fall, haven't touched it yet though. picked it up in alberta about 5 or 6 years ago, the more i started going through it the more work i found it needed. ended up redoing
everything on it except the frame, body and front bumper :roll:
454/th400/205, 60 in the front 5.13's with a lunchbox, 14bff in the back 5.13's, yukon grizzly and a disc swap, 52's in the front, crossover steer, 56's in the rear with a shackle flip.

Sterlingfire
Web Wheeler

Post by Sterlingfire »

Nice shop!
Welcome to the board

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Love the stepside :smokin:

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Provience »

looks like an awesome space :pimp:
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

gerber boy
Forum Newbie

Post by gerber boy »

the shop is pretty sweet to have. started with a 12x22 garage in the city, tore that down and built a 28x28 in town. then sold that and found 12 acres 15 min from town with a 40x100 steel shop, large two car, and a large 3 car.... there is a house there somewhere as well lol.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

40x100 sounds like a workable size. I really need to buy more land and go bigger.

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

gerber boy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:56 pm the shop is pretty sweet to have. started with a 12x22 garage in the city, tore that down and built a 28x28 in town. then sold that and found 12 acres 15 min from town with a 40x100 steel shop, large two car, and a large 3 car.... there is a house there somewhere as well lol.
that's awesome :laughing: i've been trying to figure out what a workable 'goal' shop would be for my 40 ac hillside.

how tall are you with the 40x100?

gerber boy
Forum Newbie

Post by gerber boy »

Provience wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:56 am
gerber boy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:56 pm the shop is pretty sweet to have. started with a 12x22 garage in the city, tore that down and built a 28x28 in town. then sold that and found 12 acres 15 min from town with a 40x100 steel shop, large two car, and a large 3 car.... there is a house there somewhere as well lol.
that's awesome :laughing: i've been trying to figure out what a workable 'goal' shop would be for my 40 ac hillside.

how tall are you with the 40x100?
its just over 13' to the bottom of the beams, 13'2" ? if i remember right. i wish it was taller so i could put a decent mezzanine in there.
I also put a wall up in the middle so front half is a 40x50 work shop, then a 2x6 insulated wall with a 12x12 insulated door that goes into the back half that im using as cold storage.
i'll see what i have for pics and post them up. there is a bunch i would like to do to the shop yet, so when i get started i might make a thread in the shop section.

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

more pictures would be dope :smokin: seems like the big hefty metal beams like that would also make it super easy to service a large amount of the shop with an overhead trolley hoist. even a 1 ton chain model would be handy

ridenby
Forum Newbie
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by ridenby »

Welcome