Tapatalk and Mobile Support

Administrator
Site Admin
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Tapatalk and Mobile Support

Post by Administrator »

For anyone who isn't aware, this forum does support Tapatalk. Tapatalk allows for an easy interface when browsing from a mobile device via the Tapatalk app, think of it as being more like Facebook or Instagram when viewed this way. You can download this app for free from all the usual app sources, such as Google Play. The forum also has a native mobile view that is much more like the desktop view, but compressed in all the right ways to make it easier for a small screen and touchscreen support. Both of these options have been provided in an effort to allow the user to choose what works best for them. You can also view the full desktop version from a mobile device by ticking "Desktop site" in the drop down menu in Chrome, or similar in other mobile browsers, but it's cumbersome unless you're using a tablet with a large screen.

The is one downside to Tapatalk in that I have almost zero control over how it behaves, since the majority of the coding for it is on their end. It more or less rips the content out of the site in a very raw form, and then formats it in manner that conforms to its template. Recently it's been sending me error reports that aren't sensible, and the diagnostics tools all show everything as being working. Therefore I can only assume it actually is working correctly, but this is more or less impossible for me to determine. If it isn't working correctly, please post up, or PM this account or either of the moderators, or email the admin email address at admin@4x4north.com. If there is actual issues with it I will look into it further.