Trail GPS

Gear, Equipment, Towing, Trailers, etc - Basically anything that's not actually the 4x4 but is necessary to go 4x4ing
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Trail GPS

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scoobienorth wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:28 pm
Scoobienorth wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:20 am I’m not sure what to suggest but I’m having issues finding maps of the north country of bc.
I take it the Back Road Map Book isn't enough? They don't have the same resolution in the entire northern half of the province in the versions I have. I can't find my old card so I think I'm going to spend the money for a new one, maybe they've improved it?

I didn’t like the hundreds of tiny maps mostly. In the okanagan they had 2 maps that covered from well north and east of revelstoke to south of penticton and well past kamloops. I might have to deal with it though as it seems like the only option
I checked again and they combined a bunch of maps on Avenza. So I have 1 map all around me from Prince George to way north of me. $14 but it’s worth it

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by SasquatchCdn »

I've been using locus for 3 or so years.

There is a seperate program (i cant remember what its called) that you can download to the app that allows you to download Google earth for offline use. Then you can overlay the BRMB over the Google satellite images for the best of both.
Works awesome.

I was using a samsung tablet and it was less than ideal but did the job, then i brought it to the Bush Cup in shawnigan last year and it got destroyed along with everything else i brought... Way she goes sometimes...

I am looking for a much stronger tablet for next go around but I will definitely be using locus still.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

not a cheap option but this Garmin has some really cool features. just wonder how good the maps would be in our area

https://www.garmin.com/en-CA/p/862533