Roof Top Tents

Gear, Equipment, Towing, Trailers, etc - Basically anything that's not actually the 4x4 but is necessary to go 4x4ing
Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Roof Top Tents

Post by Snowracer »

So i came down with a case of the :rainbow: and just bought a RTT. So What other cool stuff do i need to go with it? Have lots of camping gear as have a regular camper and even tent set up as well. More after recommendations on gear and tricks to go with the RTT.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Re: Roof Top Tents

Post by Snowracer »

This is the tent i picked up and they offer an annex room to go with it that is pretty tempting to order as well but are they really worth it ?

https://overlandvehiclesystems.com/noma ... -top-tent/

annex

https://overlandvehiclesystems.com/noma ... vel-cover/

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

If you are mounted high enough to utallize the room I say go for it. It’s nice to have privacy or bug free sitting area. But my gladiator mount is too low to use mine.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I kinda wish I’d have setup mine to hold an awning as well. Again it nice when it’s raining or just need some shade to quickly have something to sit under or cook under.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

guess i should mention im not planning on doing the regular overland deal here. Tent will be on a rack on the back of my F350 when towing a 26foot toy hauler/work trailer so will have lots of room in the trailer for storage and what not. so will have a big awning and what not on the trailer so tent is more for mild camping ect at events as its smaller and lighter then running the truck camper while towing the trailer.

plan on building a rack for the tent and want to add lights and maybe awning but awning is not high priority. the annex i was thinking would be nice as have covered area for shoes and getting in and out of the tent

BEEFY
Forum Newbie
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by BEEFY »

If it doesnt have a led light strip inside yet, add one. And add a anti condensation mat under the mattress.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

tent came with the led light strip. condensation mat is a good idea as have heard that rtt's can have that issue from a few people now

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

most people seem to mount it with the ladder on the side of the truck/jeep ect like so

im thinking of mounting it on the truck so the ladder is out the back. like the idea that the tailgate area is covered so can use it like a covered table ect. only issue i see with doing it like this is will have to unhook the trailer to use it vs out the side i can stay hooked up

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

If you put it out the back, you could simply weld/bolt a bracket to the trailer to catch the ladder. They are height adjustable. I wanted to go over the back with mine but did not simply because mines to low to stand under and cook.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

diesel heater