Eris

Document your builds and projects here
pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Re: Another Jeep.

Post by pointsnorth »

Hilbilt has toyos on the super shopper now and really likes them at low pressures so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

And I’m sick and unable to get this round mounted up. Bed rest for a week or so

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I’m kinda settling in with this. I think I’ll be fairly happy with where this will be at once I add a front locker. I’ll call this my starting point. I didn’t spend any more money than I had to up to now because odds are a lot of it will be getting swapped out as time and funds allow but still be capable enough for what I want to do. Long term plans 1: as a storage compartment that goes on the inside of the rear door that takes up all the room behind the rear seat, but is attached to the rear door. 2: will be tummy tuck with slip yoke eliminator, this might tie into 3: which is stretch the rear wheelbase/fuel tank 3-4” and triangulated rear /3 link up front. At this time I’ll adjust my ride height if I feel it’s too low. For now I just wanted it safe enough to run stock driveshaft. This will be a huge project that I’m not sure if I’ll get to, but I’d like to.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I'm curious to see what storage solution you come up with. I'm not super happy with what I did for my TJ, but I didn't like anything that was commercially available either.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7377.jpeg
IMG_7375.jpeg
IMG_7376.jpeg
I’m still recovering from shingles in my face and off work still, but I couldn’t take it. This one tire was a ton of work for me to get done, the rear wheel studs are .25” to short. So I did the front and one shock. I had to cut the top stud off unfortunately because it was still really good. I’ll test the bump stop stuff when I retorque the wheel spacers and I’m feeling better. I’m happy with it I think. Mostly under the fenders and a fair chunk taller than the 31’s. Still have room in the fenders.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Quick tape measure, at 15psi so they are squatted they stand 33” tall

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Scoobienorth wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:59 pm I’m still recovering from shingles in my face and off work still, but I couldn’t take it.
Ouch. That's a rough one. :ogre:

Those tires/that size looks pretty awesome on it though.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7381.jpeg

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7384.jpeg
IMG_7383.jpeg
It works pretty good. Still drives fairly stock feeling. Goes further in 2wd than it would in 4wd before. Really needs a front locker. On steep climbs the rear limited slip works really well but it kinda unloads and does the wheel lift up front now. The one climb where I’m bellied out is my nemesis. I’ve bellied out every Jeep on it. And it’s steep. I hammered the red wj on it and almost had it. I’ve only got 15psi in the tires. With the ground partially frozen at 25 psi and a solid bump I might make it. But I’m still chicken in this one. I lifted a tire 2-3 feet in the air earlier in the test run. Thought I was gonna lay it over either backwards or on its side. Being so low it’s really stable.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Re: Eris

Post by Snowracer »

new tires size look like a perfect fit on this

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7430.jpeg
Super minor stuff but I got all my wheel spacers retorque. They stayed tight so one by one I removed the bolts and blue locktite on each one and I fixed my broken light and replaced the other side to match. These are lower profile and stay in the fender. But I was so confident in them I bought a second set because they’ll probably get knocked out. They were the cheapest ones off Amazon I could find. Being cheap the nut that just kinda cuts threads into it to hold it on didn’t fit the Amazon ones. But I managed to hillbilly attach it anyways. After not really being able to do much for so long it was a big thing to get something done aside from mod the rc crawler and order stuff on Amazon I probably didn’t need

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

I think I had the same problem with the cheap Amazon blinker lenses. I think I wound up cutting threads into the stud with an actual die and using a different nut.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:31 am I think I had the same problem with the cheap Amazon blinker lenses. I think I wound up cutting threads into the stud with an actual die and using a different nut.
I put the nut on backwards with a set of pliers. But I think when I get back to work I’ll do what you did to my other spare set

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Actually got out for a short ride. Didn’t take any pics. But the tires work good. I have to adjust bumpstops. I rub pretty hard in the rear, and gently rub up front. I need to make some spring retainers for the fronts anyways, otherwise I’ll have a Jeep full of kids as I’m chasing a spring down the trail.