ADHD build

Document your builds and projects here
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 69 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: ADHD build

Post by Scoobienorth »

44” boggers make everything look cool. But this thing is really awesome. Glad to see it come together

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

Scoobienorth wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:51 pm 44” boggers make everything look cool. But this thing is really awesome. Glad to see it come together

boggers sure do make every thing better :devil:

did have a moment last night where i pondered just living the lame 40" life :rainbow:
so got cut happy again and made some room for the 44s

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Looks nasty on those tires. :smokin:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

had to trim the box to fit the 44s, also had to put 2" wheel spacers on the rear to make sure tires wouldnt rub the inner fender of the box

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

was finally able to get this thing done enought for a shake down run. worked better then i expected and pretty happy with it as only a few small things to fix and should be good to go again

not going to lie its pretty awesome having a box agian and not a flat deck even if have to climb up to get trail drinks

best part is i drove for maybe the first hour just to make sure everything was good then turn the wheel over to the gf and she was pumped. ill probably never get to drive agian

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

That picture makes it look right hand drive haha. Sick seeing it out man awesome

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

so after the shake down run i had a few issues to deal with so been working on that. had to pull the tcase again as was leaking gear oil from the trans to tcase gasket. also been fighting steering box issues non stop with this build. the F53 pump is putting to much psi and the box is bypassing and causes it to turn passenger on its own. swapped a borrowed box in for the shake down run and it worked well for the first bit of the day then stared to bypass and also leaked like crazy buy the end of the day. so i rebuild my box and swapped it and it bypassed as well even after a fresh rebuild. instead of swapping back to a stock pump i just said f it and swapped to full hydro. single ended ram kinda sucks but will work for now till i can by a double ended and swap that in. few small things to clean up tonight and should be ready for maylong wheeling

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

No way to adjust the pressure on that pump? I guess plowing ahead with full hydro is better in the long run anyway.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:28 pm No way to adjust the pressure on that pump? I guess plowing ahead with full hydro is better in the long run anyway.
the pump does have a regulator and relief built in and yes i could have put an inline one to lower it more. Im running an inline relief valve on the buggy as pump does not have one. truck was going to wind up full hydro down the road this just speed that up by a year or so

just for extra info i found some more specs on the f53 pump vs the c11 stock pump

F53 rated at 3.66 gpm and 1799psi relief
C11 rated at 1.46 gpm and 1400psi relief

so its not so much the pump pressure that is causing my issues, more the flow rate and the box cant handle the extra fluid and it will build more pressure in the box as fluid cant flow through the box and builds pressure till it bypasses

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Interesting. So I guess it's too much of a good thing. Maybe a ported box could handle it better.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Priority divider valve.

Use the extra flow for hydroboost or a hydraulic fan or something.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

so may long was a success even if we broke some stuff. busted a tie rod off, peeled the tire off the inner bead and broke the winch line first day. motor mount went and was letting the motor move around and smashed the header in. had to take it easy on the throttle to keep that in control. otherwise i learned the truck needs rear traction bar and more power for sure

pics just cause

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

whipped up some new motor mounts that hopefully fix my issues

new inner axle on the drive side as it was warn and dicked the seal enough to leak

all loaded and ready to go see what brakes this weekend

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

been a bit since ive worked on this pos but snow is falling so time to get this thing ready for winter wheeling.

front drive shaft has been kissing the trans crossmember so built a new crossmember to fix that issue.

went with the double barrel shot gun look to start with.

about the same height as the stock one just farther back to clear the shaft

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

got little carried away with making it fancy with the plating