Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Ah, the old-school Lightforces.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Re: ADHD build

Post by Snowracer »

was to cheap to by exhaust elbows so bought a stick and wasted time and welding wire making a Y pipe :homer:

used the same muffler from the last truck but exhaust is quite a bit longer on this one

Last edited by Snowracer on Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

started laying stuff our for wiring. autometer gauges and warning lights for battery and temp in the stock cluster

ignition coil, ignition module and fan pwm controller on the driver side fender

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

been chipping away at this thing, mainly wiring and thats not super photo worthy. pretty much wired up other then some aux switches

got the important stuff wired up, lights :pimp:

got the dash back together, no sold on the tach placement so might see if i can move that around

with the wiring done i started adding coolant and found the rad i had leaked, was able to pick up another one and it seems to be holding. dumped fuel in it and sure enough the fuel shut off valve and fuel cell fittings leaked, so took the valve out and got new fittings and that fixed the leaks. with the leaks taken care of i hit the starter switch and after a few fuel primes it fired right up and idled :smokin: have some tuning to deal with but its getting close now

so made a list of what all needs to be done before wheeling this thing

HMF
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by HMF »

Oh yea!! Lights for the win!!

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Can't forget the cup holders. :lmao:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:41 am Can't forget the cup holders. :lmao:
those are important as i got the doors on this weekend and stereo hooked up so have tunes but nothing to hold the wobbly pops :cheers:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

can cross that off the list now

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

finished up some wiring in the cab and got the aux switches in place with the stereo controller

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

made a simple front bumper

feel like it needs some lights in the bumper to make it look less square :homer:

didnt have any lights that fit so have to find something, but added a fender/grille bar and called it good enough for now

need to time and tune the efi a bit then load recovery gear, tools and some spare parts in the truck. otherwise i think its ready for shake down run next weekend :cheers:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

started laying out the trail gear last night. looks like a spare 44 will fit just fine, bolted an ammo can in for recovery gear and cooler mount

did round stock around the cooler to hold it in place then an old seat belt to keep it there but still easy to open

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

The seatbelt is a good idea

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Seems surprisingly well equipped. Almost like you're planning to need a spare and recovery gear. :rasta:

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

spent some time setting timing and playing with the efi getting the IAC set and that went well. while all that was happening my fan decided it didnt want to work, even bypassing the controller it wouldnt power up. block heater started to leak and so did the rear main :headbang: got a frost plug to replace the block heater. going to try some 20w50 shit box oil and see if it slows the leak enough that i can get out this weekend to see what else is wrong with the truck before pulling it back apart

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

started off swapping fans out, had a big dual fan set up that i made work. it hangs over the side tanks a bit and i had to cut the bottom corner to clear rad hose. it moves something like 4000cfm so thats a plus

wanted to test the new fan make sure it was working and no issues. fired up the truck and it ran for about a minute then just shut off. fired it back up and ran for 30 seconds then shut off, did this about 3 times then just would not start at all. so swapped my new ignition box that has maybe 10mins of run time on it for an old 1970s one and truck fired right up no problem :headbang:

figured with the new fan working and having the old ignition box in and working i would drain the oil and swap in the shit box 20/50 to see if the rear main leak would slow down enough to wheel this weekend. as soon as i started to loosen the oil drain plug coolant started to come out. might just be an intake gasket but between that and the rear main ive decided to just pull the motor and put i back on the stand and do new seals and gaskets and probably bearings as well. will deal with the leaking block heater at that time and toss new head gaskets at it as well. maybe a cam if got the cash