Document your builds and projects here
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Stripper glitter

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7498.jpeg
It ain’t much but trying to do a little on the days I can. Yesterday reinstalled my bed rails to hold the tent. I removed them to modify them so I can clamp the tonneau cover more securely. Almost screwed it up as I didn’t measure how far I could extend the clamps and they are right at the very end but it works. Got the tent back on for the summer and started on my storage unit. The narrow side will be a drawer for my “kitchen”. Stove , dishes, basic pantry. The other side I’ll cut most of the top open so it’ll be a full height “drawer” so it can fit my cooler or whatever, even getting groceries I can just slide that side out instead of using my snow brush to fish stuff out of the bed since I can only partially open the rear part of my cover.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7536.jpeg
It’s rough but being short on time and skill is no surprise. If I like it, I can see redoing it a bit better. I’ll finish it probably in the winter. I’ll have some highway trips and stuff coming up so I’ll need my kitchen in it and more functional so I rushed it , in my spare evening. My daughter helped a fair bit and screwed most of it together

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Looks good from here. Slap some paint or stain on it and you'll fool anyone on it not being professional.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7579.jpeg
IMG_7580.jpeg
IMG_7581.jpeg
Kinda dumb luck but the piece I cut out of the top on one side perfectly fit the top of the closed in side so I used the left over plastic for sliders and lock was on my side because I found a couple 3 foot pieces of 3/4x2 aluminum angle, that I used for sliders and I had some ripped strips to stiffen it up from the cut off stuff in the drawers. Definitely looks like I made it from scrap but I’m reasonably happy with its function.