Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Stripper glitter

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5583.jpeg

First impression is not great sliders, pretty decent step. Reality I don’t think the LOD step sliders would be much better because they bolt to the same spots with similar material and stick similar width of the body. They flex when I jump on the end. But to be expected from shittybilt. Should keep stuff off the body for what I do.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6148.jpeg
Little sneak peak of the next upgrade

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

What's the rack for?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Pretending to be an overlander. Roof top tent. But I couldn’t spend big money on some of their setups. Bare minimum to get out once in a while

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Some of the racks guys buy cost more than most of my vehicles... so yeah, the DIY option seems more appropriate.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6161.jpeg
IMG_6160.jpeg
Added some more glitter. Inserts went from silver to matching my wheels. But I was dumb and screwed the powder coat up , and ran out. Had just enough to patch these up so they don’t look terrible. Was hoping to get them to pop a bit more than the wheels but they match pretty close. My rack I’ll have to order some more powder and might go for a brighter color to pop more.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6210.jpeg
I’m going to build a structure that gores inside the box cover to beef it up hopefully impede any extra movement. But stage one of the mounting process is almost done

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

How much does the RTT weigh? Does it need anything other than some spreader plates?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:34 pm How much does the RTT weigh? Does it need anything other than some spreader plates?
It’s fairly light, 150 pounds with the rails. I think it’s fine as is, but I have some bracing to go in under The cover that attach to where the tie down rails go, so it’ll some more of the weight and help it from moving. The bolts that hold the rails down have eyes in them and it’s tied down as is, not relying on the cover latches.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

It’s setup like this so I can pull the 4 bolts and lift the tent and set it up on the ground if I’m out for a weekend without packing it back up. And take it off and plugs the bolt holes and not have the tent on. The weight is over the box rails.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Sounds like a better setup than what most guys have. They're chained to their tent a vice versa.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6244.jpeg
Here’s the inside rail that holds the weight and more importantly stops the for and aft movement. The tonneau cover actually held the weight fine but I couldn’t get it to stay in place, which I suspected so I had this stuff coming and planned out. Overall I haven’t actually tested it, but like a lot of my stuff I feel it’sa great design poorly executed. Crippled by a lack of time and external pressures led to a couple mistakes that I will ignore for now.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

There’s feet that are tapped so they bolt to the rail and seperate bolts for the tent rack. I gave plans to beef up the rail/box side mount a bit more by capping the end and adding rivnuts to the box, but I’m out of time for now. That’ll be a winter project.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6246.jpeg

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6749.jpeg
My sway bar that I ordered in January finally showed up. So worth it. Basically it’s a torsion bar inside a hollow sway bar. The passenger side arm locks into both bars. The drivers side has 2 arms that have a sliding bar to lock them together. Flip the lever one way both arms are locked together and provide a heavier sway bar for on the street, flip it to the back and you get one bar that’s softer than the stock bar. When the bar goes to neutral position it will slide the pin so you can just flip it and drive. It works really well, way better driving on the street, and offroad is way better than either unhooked or hooked up. It gets really great traction, and flexes as good as no bar,