Stripper glitter

Document your builds and projects here
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Link

Post by Scoobienorth »

I’ve got some decent miles on it. I definitely liner the setup, the front is a little soft and bottoms quicker than I’d like, the rear is spot on though. I may add 1” spacer front and 3/4 rear to give a little uptravel and some more clearance. It’s a good height to daily drive but a bit lower than I’d like for the length. I may also add terraflex bumpstops to add a little more progressive dampening on the bottom out without the cost of going hydro. It’s really close to being really good for the money I’ve got into it. Day to day where it bugged me the most it’s now awesome. I’ve got a video I started working on but haven’t finished it. Took it to the dunes. It’ll get around better in 2wd now than it used to in 4wd with stock suspension and the same 37” tires. But the white minivan will run with the gladiator or slightly outdo it still with kinda pisses me off but it’s hard to out run a beater that’s reasonably sorted with something expensive.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Little video I started doing comparing the gladiator vs wj. I should have videoed the gladiator stock but it was really terrible, it was capable stock with the 37’s on but the suspension just didn’t work at all. It’s surprisingly close performance between the two, considering the cost of the parts alone, and the tire size difference. Granted I can push the wj way harder and a no fear driving style goes a long ways along with experience. I’ve been busy with work so I never finished this off like I wanted and have been sick the last few days so I cleaned it up and sent it out. Once I get my track bar in, Diff centered up and disconnects finished I’ll fully flex the gladiator and go on more with a review and what’s working and not on it

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Seems to rip pretty good. I still want one, but I'm too cheap to do it.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

540C4350-6274-44F8-BFD8-8AF12F8934E0.jpeg
I had to run to Edmonton and back this weekend for a medical appointment. I’m not 100% how accurate the truck read out is and I know my speedo is close as I’ve adjusted it with my Tazer but I haven’t checked it’s accuracy either, that being said for rolling soft compound 37’s at 110-117km/h with the cruise on that ain’t bad mileage.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

You should hand calculate a tank or two with a GPS (smartphone will do it) just for curiosity.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I can’t remember exactly what I used for fuel but my worst tank of the 3 was round trip whitecourt to Edmonton And back and I was roughly 14.5L/100 which is close to what my display was at there.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

5230C627-8F06-4E1A-9105-DCFAE7658C30.jpeg
90760E13-BC40-4B31-9D39-AF8E93126CB8.jpeg
Well finally got out with buddies bronco. His is the full Sasquatch package with all the goodies. I think it still rides a bit smoother than mine but my suspension now is good enough I could keep up in the rough stuff if I wanted. Got into some big climbs in soft sands and gravel. We both struggled finding right settings in the computer but the 2 rigs are surprisingly close in performance. It’s mostly driver the difference. He’s got a little power on me but my gladiator has a little more tire and is lighter so they kinda balance out

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

The difference is the Gladiator will actually last... Those Broncos have been detonating parts all over the place. It's like the 1st gen Raptor, Ford had no idea what they were doing and spec'd everything wrong for it to actually hold up.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

My milestar pats are going out of balance or round and getting really rough. I didn’t really want to run them this winter either. Looking for a snow flake rated at or hybrid at that is decent on road in winter but having a hardr finding stuff in stock. Bfg ko2’s seem to be easier to get but I’m not sure I like them but being they tend to run kinda small they would fit a bit better with me not having rubicon fenders and already rubbing mine. Anybody have any options out there on what’s around and what’s decent? Seems to be a hard mix to find.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

There's no stock for a whole pile of brands/sizes of tires right now.

So, no advice. Other than I like Toyo M/Ts because they're the only tire in stock. :lmao:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Really minor tweaking. I bought 1” front coil spacer with 3/4 rear spacer and terraflex progressive foam bumps. I’m really happy with how it rides but a lot of what I do is dune/ whoop stuff and I have been through the bumpstops more than I’d like and felt it’s only a matter of time before I really crack the bumpstops hard. I don’t have the cash for big boy shocks and hydro bumps. So I figured adding 1” Of uptravel now, leaving me with 6” of uptravel and 4” down travel should be better than the 5/5 it was before without changing much ride/handling wise. I also put my front terraflex track bar in and centered my front diff. The extra ground clearance isn’t a bad thing with the size of it either. I’m still running out of clearance more than I’d like as well.

After the front spacers, still waiting on the rear ones to be installed. I need a 2 post hoist or coil compressor to do the rear springs as they are really long.
BAC9BCB2-F1FF-4855-ABEA-DCC94D20A227.jpeg
Rear bumpstops are super easy to swap.
E1C817FB-1321-4FD9-BD75-E527FC50529C.jpeg
The front is a big difference in bumpstops. Should help a bit.
3ACFD24E-5BC7-47E4-8416-D23E8F7B77E4.jpeg

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

I wish I had progressive bumpstops.

Should be a good upgrade.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

A56F35C8-FE7F-41A2-AE3C-5B58B9B810FB.jpeg
The ko2’s are smaller than my worn down milestar. That’s not bad though. Kinda what I was after as they were a hair tall for my non rubicon fenders. Also being c load rated they also drive a bunch better.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

what size are the BFG's ?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Snowracer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 pm what size are the BFG's ?
37x12.5r17. “C” load rated though. I run pretty light and mostly street use and even when I’m offroad aside from deep snow I rarely use 4wd up here.