Stripper glitter

Document your builds and projects here
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Stripper glitter

Post by Scoobienorth »

Well I was going to start a build thread for the tundra but that’s not happening. Couple weeks back I got a call from the Jeep dealer that I ordered my gladiator through and they were polite and asked if I got my other truck. They said they left my order in place and my Jeep was being built. So knowing the market is really dumb I asked them if they could get me enough to get out of the tundra for what I had into it with tires, lift and stuff and gave them my vin, and list of what was on the truck. They came though with that amount on trade in. So mid January I should have my gladiator. I’ve ordered AEV 2.5” lift dual sport kit to start, going to try my 37” milestar pats on it right off the hop. It’ll run at full flex as I’ve got the sport fenders which are lower but it’ll be okay for the most part.
Last edited by Scoobienorth on Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Re: Link

Post by pointsnorth »

Sweet keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

My priority is to not ruin the on highway driving with a bit of a budget. My Jeep is one of the lightest spec ones available and most jt suspensions are built to carry weight, so I think I might be winding up with a 3/4 ton truck. From my web wheeling the gladiator should have around 600 pounds more payload than the tundra or maybe even a bit more than that. Being is it’s a sport s max tow it’s 1” lower than a rubicon, so I’ll gain 3+ inches of lift really easily. Might be closer to 4 with it without adding armor. The aev lift is supposed to be one of the better ones on the street and really available, I’m suspecting it’ll be a bit stiff out back. If that’s the case I’ll going to try without a rear a rear sway bar. The jt having the ram 1500 rear suspension is a bit of a mess. I think it’ll be fine without it honestly unless I turn on full overlander.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Well my Jeep had arrived in salmon arm at the dealer. Just waiting for when I pick it up. Hopefully I can have tomorrow before life gets crazy next week

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I wouldn't be waiting and would be heading there right meow.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:48 pm I wouldn't be waiting and would be heading there right meow.
I’d like to be. I want to make sure the pdi goes well before I drive 2000km. Been waiting since late august for this.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

68D63B12-73AB-4D4D-B125-7C6E66FCD268.jpeg
Must have shown up this weekend. Steve found it on the lot.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Should be pretty sweet.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

F5A7A0F7-9213-42F8-9556-A5AC62DF433F.jpeg
Not much of a photo. Picked it up last night. Drove to Prince George today. Home tomorrow. Sportsman’s in kamloops set aside my aev lift for me but the sold it before I got there. So I’m stock for a bit. But after spending 600km in the gladiator I think it might be for the best that I didn’t get it. My max tow package has fairly stiff rear springs. They feel like a multi rate. You hit a bump and it kicks the rear end up but it only drops to ride height. Driving me nuts. I still think the aev set up is going to be a little heavy for me. I have to do some research.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Hmm, interesting about the rear springs. But I guess it makes sense given how much they decided to tow rate it for.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 pm Hmm, interesting about the rear springs. But I guess it makes sense given how much they decided to tow rate it for.

I test drove a rubicon before I first ordered this one. A rubi kinda feels like a straight axle half ton. Mine kinda feels like a 3/4 ton truck. Reminds me of my superduty. I had with weight to hit the overload spring but not enough to move them. It’s kinda minor but after the tundra with the setup I had it’s kinda irritating. I might switch up to icon setup for the gladiator

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 pm Hmm, interesting about the rear springs. But I guess it makes sense given how much they decided to tow rate it for.
And how long of a lever the trailer tongue has at its disposal. :lmao:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

2C093146-3DD5-483B-8BFA-4E228F074A30.jpeg
Definitely fills the hole. My spacer off the wj won’t fit though so not sure what I’m doing for a lift. Might try them on still. It won’t flex much with them on though

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Cut the flares..

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:29 pm Cut the flares..
It’s about $500 for the low profile lights that cut the flares, it’s harder install on the sport flares at the inner is plastic welded to the outer painted part. It may happen though, like everything though, no parts available