Snooze alert! The daily driver

Document your builds and projects here
Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Snooze alert! The daily driver

Post by Mr.gutsy »

Does it have a/c? Maybe pull the plug on the compressor?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

Okay well I nosed this thing down offroad on a very steep hill and shut it off and carefully opened/depresured through the rad cap. Dumped about 1L of coolant in the process but now my heater actually warms the cab up, it’s not great but mildly warm instead of just enough to melt the window frost.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

That's extremely strange that you can't get it to bleed. Maybe add an inline filler to the heater hose? I believe Dorman makes one in 3/4" but I'm not finding it right now.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Inline filler neck from a 2nd gen Dakota is like $20 from Dorman and will solve a lot of plumbing sins if you need it to. Just make sure you run a higher PSI cap on the radiator and re-route your overflow hose to use the inline.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I think my heater issue is my heater core, the right hand drive models though, have to replacement parts available world wide, production of the parts ended years ago. My heat is warmer than outside but not by much and dam cold at -15 outside, has a couple tough days at -20 last week. Not sure what the plan is. Tempted to sell it off in the summer. Might try to cut and flip/weld a left hand drive heater core into it, not sure. It drives decent but might be time for something else. I’ve got so many parts though I could build it up nice with what’s on hand.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

any decent rad shop should e able too recore it for you

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Well I might need to dust this thread off and change the name. Bought my old 33” bajaclaws back, m8000 rebuilt for it, winch plate cleaned up, tcase skid, while I’m pulling parts off big red I might steal the rear 4 link and fuel tank tuck and see if I can build a shock bracket in the rear to use my other set of fronts as they are better and longer. Still no heater or poorly working but in the snow I’ll probably run the gladiator anyways. The white grands will be mostly for atv trails and mud for now until I get something more serious built.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Eh, at least it's a plan. Did you ever try backflushing that heater core? Might just be a little bit plugged. :rasta:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:06 pm Eh, at least it's a plan. Did you ever try backflushing that heater core? Might just be a little bit plugged. :rasta:
I believe the heater core is fine. I think the issue is either the ecu for the dual zone or a vacuum leak in one of the actuators. The blend doors do move however so I’m not sure about that. But there is vacuum lines that tie off the cruise control manifold canister that go to that area of the dash I’ll look at, when I have the bumper off.