Post by pointsnorth »

I heard he bought a xj

HMF
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: Active logging Toyota Truggy

Post by HMF »

Got some time to work on it lately between other projects and work. Got the narrowed rear winch plate all installed and got the rear recovery points on.
Winch plate and gussets are all 1/4” T1 so should be fine for a rear winch mount. Just have to come up with something for the custom width fairlead.
Tried to reduce some weight on the recovery points a bit since they are 1” solid steel so added the second hole and made it fit another shackle because why not..
8068A276-74A1-4F6C-8E9F-44BD07B41C28.jpeg
26521EBC-F1F6-4EA0-A2A1-74D0A482AFCA.jpeg
2470198A-BED0-4C69-AFBF-5915DE41D661.jpeg

HMF
Forum Addict

Post by HMF »

pointsnorth wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:04 pm I heard he bought a xj
No XJ here but the gladiators are looking better and better :spit:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

HMF wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:46 pm
pointsnorth wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:04 pm I heard he bought a xj
No XJ here but the gladiators are looking better and better :spit:

I’m kinda biased, but the gladiator’s are very cool indeed

HMF
Forum Addict

Toyotathon …a Toyota truggy

Post by HMF »

Well Snowracer managed to change the name of the build as he had a good point.

It’s now known as Toyotathon now since it’s taking forever! :lmao: :popcorn: :headbang:
Last edited by HMF on Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HMF
Forum Addict

Re: Toyotathon …a Toyota Truggy

Post by HMF »

Had a busy March so not much got done. Went to Calgary on my first set off and that was a good time. Then the following set off had a death in the family, was sick for a couple days and then to finish that set my Tacoma got stolen right out of the driveway.

Tacoma was recovered later that day but I’ve been dealing with Icbc and well let’s just say it’s been a treat.. :headbang: :headbang: I’m supposed to get it back in my possession on Tuesday but still won’t be fixed back to what it was when it left my driveway a month ago.

Also been busy in the HMF shop for customers too during all of this too

I’ll eventually get this thing done… one day :popcorn:

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Life will always conspire against. Sorry about the family member and theft. You'll get back at this eventually.

ICBC has been a total disaster recently, my buddy got in a fender bender (well, airbag did go off, but it needed an airbag, bumper, fender, hood and grill basically) in his JL, and they gave up and wrote it off after 3 months of not getting it fixed. So at least you are getting your truck back.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:00 am ICBC has been a total disaster recently, my buddy got in a fender bender (well, airbag did go off, but it needed an airbag, bumper, fender, hood and grill basically) in his JL, and they gave up and wrote it off after 3 months of not getting it fixed. So at least you are getting your truck back.
No need to be efficient when you have a monopoly. :laughing:

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

arse_sidewards wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:30 pm
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:00 am ICBC has been a total disaster recently, my buddy got in a fender bender (well, airbag did go off, but it needed an airbag, bumper, fender, hood and grill basically) in his JL, and they gave up and wrote it off after 3 months of not getting it fixed. So at least you are getting your truck back.
It's beyond stupid. There was realistically a few thousand in damage, which the body shop would drag out to be a $10k repair. But the Jeep was probably worth $40-50k, minus damage. Instead they auctioned it and got $12k for it as is. :homer:

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:34 pm
arse_sidewards wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:30 pm
It's beyond stupid. There was realistically a few thousand in damage, which the body shop would drag out to be a $10k repair. But the Jeep was probably worth $40-50k, minus damage. Instead they auctioned it and got $12k for it as is. :homer:
It's not stupid. It's an intentional transfer of wealth from rate payers to scumbag buy at auction then fix-n-flip dealers and it's working as intended.

HMF
Forum Addict

Post by HMF »

Got the cage finished, took it off to weld the back side of all the joints and throw some steel it on the underside. Then welded it on permanently. Next is to start the front tube work to get the coil overs mounted and it’s a legit roller not the poser one it has been with the diffs welded to the frame at full bump :flipoff:

Went with 2 down bars on the windshield and mounted the 2 single row rigid light bars I’ve had forever for this build. Should be plenty of light as they are mounted at a slight angle outwards to cover more area and I’ll have some others pointed straight forward to cover the gap in the middle. Also have to bend up some anti glare trays for the bottom of the bars so I don’t light up the windshield when it’s dirty
IMG_6207.jpeg
71315107282__692E035D-19F5-49BE-82D4-46C075466501.jpeg
:canada:

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Looks pretty legit. Ready for snow wheeling?

:homer:

HMF
Forum Addict

Post by HMF »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:16 pm Looks pretty legit. Ready for snow wheeling?

:homer:
We will see. Plan was to race at insanity Fab this January but don’t think it’s going to make it plus I would like to not take a fresh build 18 hours south without hardly any seat time to test it

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

:poke: So ya going to insanity fab?