Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 67 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Eris

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7446.jpeg
IMG_7447.jpeg
Well this showed up today. Curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to try this out and see if it does work better than the others.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Hmm, it does look a bit different. Very interesting.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:10 pm Hmm, it does look a bit different. Very interesting.
It doesn’t have pins at all , only 2 springs. The pins job is done by the housing itself as it keys together. My Lokka in the wj the pin holes wore out and killed it. So I went have that problem. But in reality everything else is just a d30. It’s only a matter of time before I’m replacing parts.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7458.jpeg
IMG_7457.jpeg
Finally on the mend, unfortunately that also means back to work and into the busy season. It’ll be hard to get projects done, but I’ll need to get the locker in this, cut the rear fenders and adjust the bumpstops. It rubs real bad on the back and adjust the steering stops up front a bit. I need to disconnect my sway bar and flex it out and see if I need coil retainers, I suspect I do.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7566.jpeg
IMG_7567.jpeg
IMG_7569.jpeg
Well been running the Jeep lately and found a few things. Mainly I need my locker and/or need my suspension dialed in. Was scared to disconnect the sway bar because of the long shocks I put in and short springs , even with the spacer taking up room I figured I might lose it. And rear tires rub and the fronts are really close if they didn’t. I went to start putting my front locker in, had about 4 hours tonight of spare time, and I had issues just getting it jacked up and stable so I gave up on the locker install and started messing with the suspension instead. I unbolted the sway bar and flexed it. With the front twisted up I swapped the bumpstops that were falling apart and not reaching the strike pad with my factory gladiator bumps. They just touch but not quite enough to save the shock so I’ll have to change things up
Last edited by Scoobienorth on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7577.jpeg
IMG_7573.jpeg
I want to use the terraflex progressive foam bumpstops that I have in my gladiator , the fronts from jl/jt would work all the way around. They are longer and pick up earlier. But I can only find sets with front and rear which means I’d waste 4 rear ones into the trash. I messaged terraflex to see if I can buy just fronts. I need some cushion and a bit more spring rate and up travel in the front. I’m crashing through really easily. I also need springs, for the front I’m looking at 2.5-3” lift and a whopping 21” of free length with a spring rate that’s stiffer than stock but still on the softer side of what’s available. My tires just clear or just rub on the front. It’s literally so close I can’t tell.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_7574.jpeg
This sketchy flex setup was combined at 28” tall. I had 0.5” drop left up front and I was only using 5” of rear shock. My tires rub in the back on vertical travel before bumpstops kick in but flexing is closer to clearing. I’ve also blown the rear shocks already, the pic shows the tight spots at the front and rear of the wheel well and my failing bumpstop foam no where near the pad either. I’ll find some 1/2” plate steel scrap at work and make some weld on height spacers and hope I can find the front bumpstops for the back as well. I think cleaning up the bumpstop and slightly longer rear shocks and longer front springs I should be able to cleanly lift a tire 34”+ without rubbing.
IMG_7575.jpeg
IMG_7576.jpeg

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I’m not sure I explained the name either. Eris is the Greek goddess of strife and discord. Seem fitting for an old Jeep. Just a drama queen.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Bit of a run around but I ordered 2.5” rough country coils as they were closest to the specs I wanted and easily available, much to the dismay of the tj page on Facebook I used to find some length measurements, ordered 8” travel rancho rs5000 shocks for the rear to match the front but modest travel to hopefully not go too far on the rear driveshaft and after calling terraflex directly I got the part number for my bumpstops but they can’t ship to Canada so I called Epic in Vancouver , gave them the number and they managed to get them ordered up for me. I’m confident this thing should still be a sleeper but work pretty good.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I'm interested in how those bumpstops work out. It's definitely an area where there is room for improvement from the factory.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I’ve got them on the gladiator and I’m kinda sold on them. They aren’t full hydro bumps but it’s an easy cheap install and they do make a difference. Everytime I hit the bump stops stock in the gladiator I blew right through to the frame and with the whoops we got get it was often enough. I can’t even recall hitting solid since I got them. I think they are advertised for 2” of travel. Hopefully I get similar experience with the tj, being lower and less uptravel even being careful I’m hitting hard enough at both ends.