Welding tables

Discussion about building and equipping the workshop
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Welding tables

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

What's everyone got? Anything super nifty about yours?

I just whipped this one up, it's pretty plane jane and not super heavy or big, but I think it will do what I want pretty well.

There's some big coupling nuts in the base for leveling legs, but I ran out of C25 and couldn't finish them. The expanded steel didn't get welded down yet either. I'm thinking I'd like to track down a TIG eventually so it can probably live under there, the bottle will just have to go on its side.

I also have the actual cart for the MIG welder. It's small because I need to be able to get it around vehicles and stuff.

It has a hitch in it for the vise.

I also have a bench grinder that goes in it but didn't take a picture... I'll dig one up.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Re: Welding tables

Grinder mount:

I added the setscrew thing to take the play out of the hitch. There is other ways to do that but it's easy.

Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Mr.gutsy »

More workbench than welding table but has an 1/8" steel top bent by accurate its secured to a top made of 2x8s with counter sunk screws. It overhangs the frame underneath by a few inches to allow for c-clamps on the edge.
20180824_151746.jpg
20180912_172227.jpg

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by HillBilt »

Scott, your table is sweet, but you should've given the table top more over hang for clamps and such. You'll be cursing every time you go to use a bessy or a C-viseclamp and have to work around your frame.

No pics of my table but its much like yours, only 2X3, I feel its big enough for most small projects. Has spots from my clamps down one side, holder for ginders down the other. Also a small holder from my mig gun and whip, and I welded a few pieces of tube at the back of it for markers/soap stones etc. Also picked up a pretty decent stool for it, has tons of adjustments, makes a big difference if your welding for awhile.

Ill snap some shots tonight of it
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

HillBilt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 pm Scott, your table is sweet, but you should've given the table top more over hang for clamps and such. You'll be cursing every time you go to use a bessy or a C-viseclamp and have to work around your frame.
Thanks. And yeah, I kinda realized that after I had it together. The cart has angle iron around the edges so the clamps can get closer, and the big ones just go over top of the angle (it's only 2x2), the table not so much. :homer:

I think I'm going to have to modify some clamps so they fit it better.

BEEFY
Forum Newbie
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by BEEFY »

Nice work bench, its on my to do list for my shop this winter.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

my welding table top is a old side panel off some peice of abandoned terex equipment north of chetwynd and the legs are all salveged angle out of canfor houstons kilns lol.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

pointsnorth wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:15 pm my welding table top is a old side panel off some peice of abandoned terex equipment north of chetwynd and the legs are all salveged angle out of canfor houstons kilns lol.
Not everyone has access to such awesome stuff. :laughing: