Brush cutters/brush saws

Discussion about building and equipping the workshop
Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 82 times

Re: Brush cutters/brush saws

Post by Snowracer »

so you hit add to cart and its on its way ?

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Snowracer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:42 am so you hit add to cart and its on its way ?
Since there's still a bunch of snow I'm going to hold off on any irrational purchases for a little bit.

Hoping to luck out on a good used one actually. Otherwise I'll see which of the Stihl or Husky ones I put in the OP I can get for a decent price.

I've decided as much as I enjoy buying Milwaukee (so I don't have to tell anyone I'm gay), that it just isn't going to do enough to be worth it. I think the PA death trap option would be great for my yard, but not so good for trying to actually clear anything that's steep and crappy, and there's a lot of steep and crappy stuff to clear.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

I run the Milwaukee chain saw and it works for what it is but it’s definitely not as rugged as a gas saw. I’ve dicked chains on mine where a gas saw wouldn’t of even hiesitated. There are guys throwing a beefier bar and chain on it with success.

Everyone states that the batteries go dead if they get cold. Mine has lived most of the winter strapped on the back of the tj in the elements. Last time I charged mine was august and have been using it all winter cutting trail fire wood for hot dogs roasts and such.

But for what your wanting to do it investing in a gas version will make the most sense. If I was going out to intentionally cut firewood. Gas all day. The Milwaukee is there for a what if situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk