Kelowna toy run 2019

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Kelowna toy run 2019

Post by SasquatchCdn »

A few of us from Quesnel are trailering down to kelowna nov 30 to join the kelowna toyrun.
It's always a good time. Usually 200-300 trucks everything from stock junk to dedicated snow wheelers.

This year there will be a GPS location given out the day of as the meetup location instead of a marked trail.

Anyone else in?

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: Kelowna toy run 2019

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Damn. I did it in 07? Or 06? Would love to hit it up again.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

always seems to fall on my works inventory weekend so never make it, really want to as looks like a blast

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

This is in my neck of the woods. Usually it’s just enough snow to get things icy and with hundreds of people I stay away. But if anyone’s down and wants to hit up the Shuswap I’ll take them around somewhere. Hopefully we get some decent snow here soon.

Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Mr.gutsy »

I love the toyrun lots of old friends there. Heard the last few times were not great due to ice and amount of drunk idiots but you can usually find a group of likeminded people in the crowd to hit trails after the fire.work schedule says no for me this year unfortunately.

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

Yeah no shortage of drunken idiots. Kinda adds to the entertainment sometimes...
I haven't been for a number of years now but in years past there's been 3+ feet of snow. If it doesn't dump within the next couple weeks I'm gonna bail and maybe try and see how far up baldy we can make it.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Updates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGHOSS
Forum Newbie

Post by BIGHOSS »

I was up there with some buddies in fairly stock trucks. Wasn't much snow to play in which was a little disappointing but whatever. It was a pretty big turn out, hundred trucks ish I would say we're there. Cold as a mofo to! Of course there's still plenty of drunk people up there. I didn't witness the accident on the flats where some guy in a 4runner hit a pretty big bump and his passenger smashed his face on the windshield which cracked the windshield and apparently a fair bit of cuts on his face. Didn't get any pics unfortunately either :pimp:

Not sure how much toys and money they raised, but with the decent turn out It must of been pretty good!

Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict

Post by Mr.gutsy »

Dude lost his eye, lucky a helicopter was close!

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

If your gonna jump a vehicle with airbags take out the fuse and/or wear a seatbelt... An air bag make a mess if it blows up after your head hits the windshield.

We had a great time! took some back trails up to the bowl to avoid most of the idiots, stayed late and made our way back.

Sunday we went a ways further out and found 3-4 ft of snow around 2000 meters, enough to make it a good challenge and made for a late night...

George probably took some decent pics, I didn't.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict

Post by Mr.gutsy »

I thought I saw your yota in a couple pics but wasnt sure

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

From what’s being reported in the news the guy that lost his eye broke his nose and orbital bone and had a class one license which he has lost along with his job note because of it. Kinda a big hit for not wearing a seatbelt

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Damn. Buckle up.

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by HillBilt »

Scoobienorth wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm From what’s being reported in the news the guy that lost his eye broke his nose and orbital bone and had a class one license which he has lost along with his job note because of it. Kinda a big hit for not wearing a seatbelt
Did he lose his license because he lost his eye? That's fawking terrible
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

HillBilt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 pm
Scoobienorth wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm From what’s being reported in the news the guy that lost his eye broke his nose and orbital bone and had a class one license which he has lost along with his job note because of it. Kinda a big hit for not wearing a seatbelt
Did he lose his license because he lost his eye? That's fawking terrible
That’s exactly what’s being reported. Can’t have the commercial drivers license and that was his job.