Sunday Oct 23

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Sunday Oct 23

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Tentative plan to go up to the cutblocks near Mt George with Roscoe/Kim/whatever you want to call him. We're hoping to see if it's passable into those cutblocks, I know it is somewhat, and from there if it's possible to find a route through the trees to the peak/repeater site.

I don't think we're planning to actually try to drive into there. So just a scouting mission. I plan to also show him the rocks that are near there.

Anyone who wants to join let me know. I will have at least one free seat (XJ only has two seats, but might take the JK).

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Re: Sunday Oct 23

Sunday.jpg
I made it to the red circle area last time, but the guys I was with didn't want to go farther. There's a deactivation/washout there, but it isn't bad at all, 100% JK can make it through no issues. It's just grown up a bit and getting tight. Quadders have been through though, so there is still a defined trail.

Yellow is block we want to get into, and the top of. Blue line is to the peak. But I don't think that's the route to take. I'll have to dump some GPS waypoints in before going.

Also debating going up alone and hoofing it before then.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

So what happened ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

We went, we didn't conquer.

I posted in the Mt George thread to keep that mess all somewhat together.

But it's totally possible. There was some more brush to either smash or cut, and then you could get to the top of that block and probably pick your way through the trees.