So, what is interesting around PG (besides Baldy)

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: So, what is interesting around PG (besides Baldy)

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

SasquatchCdn wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:22 pm Scott, we made it 1/3 of the way through that new trail, another day of cutting and it'll connect up to the main trail.

The lower loop up baldy is pretty light duty, just a bunch of deactivation.

Its a but of a ways from PG but there's a ton of wicked scenic wheeling trails out around barkerville/likely area.

Another cool trail to check out is China falls, it's halfway ish between pg and quesnel on the blackwater. Easy to find on backroads mapbook.

I really don't know to many other good trails north of quesnel, all the good stuff seems to be south off hwy 20 or further south.
I can't wait to finish my junk and get back out exploring :( :( :( wheeling the buggy is a blast, but without insurance its a bit limited on where a guy can go.
The distance/insurance thing is a bit of a rub. I think most people around PG just wheel immediately around PG, which means even where I was looking out towards Narrow Lake is "far". Everything immediately around PG is pretty much just flat/muddy/boring.

Quesnel people seem to be more willing to travel farther, but maybe that's because a trip to Barkerville is a normal thing, and if you're there you're now into the real mountains. Two Sisters looks really cool as a drive, but wasn't worth trailering down for in my opinion, but I'll hit it with my JK at some point (gotta represent the mall crawling crowd, I've ordered my duck landing pad so I'll fit in :laughing: ), and you can see there's a bunch of stuff like that there. Honestly I'm now torn about throwing some small upgrades at my JK that make it a little more capable but don't interfere with being able to put a multiple hours of highway driving on it in a single go, the XJ just isn't that fun to drive for that long.

There will be some cool stuff off of/south of Hwy 16 to the east of PG, there just need to be people interested in looking.

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: So, what is interesting around PG (besides Baldy)

Post by SasquatchCdn »

Most people in quesnel are the same, they'd rather wheel the same muddy trail 2 kms from their house. :rainbow:

Once my junk is built I'll be back and I'll be into hitting the hwy for 4-5+ hrs just to find a rad trail to wheel.