Brule Sand Dunes

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Brule Sand Dunes

Post by Snowracer »

Know there are some people on here that have been to Brule lake sand dunes so looking to hear little more about it. Its on the "to-do" list for sure as its not to far away and close to Hinton AB so supposed to be rather beautiful right in the mountains. How is it for camping? i know there is a camp site close by but not sure how close. Have also heard there are lots of good trails around the area as well, so anything else to check out if spending a weekend out there ?

info from the Alberta site
https://www.alberta.ca/brule-lake.aspx#jumplinks-0

looks like it would be alot of fun

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: Brule Sand Dunes

Post by Scoobienorth »

I took my rhino there. Very cool spot. Some of the trails into it from the campsite were very narrow, I towed a rhino and a race quad out and it was very tight. I’ll post some pics tonight. If I wind up moving north though I’ll definitely run one of my minivan there.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

The campsite we stayed at was on the highway between Hinton and Jasper. It wasn’t a far ride to the dunes. We didn’t hit any other trails other than the sand dunes on the lake. They are kinda a narrow strip of sand along the lake.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

ive been its definitely a rad spot. I know some of the locals werent too happy about us being there with trucks but meh. watch out for exposed railway and debris

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by HillBilt »

Like PointsNorth said, we’ve been in there a few times and it is sweet but it’s also a gong show. I would avoid long weekends as it gets real busy. The trail in is super tight, like not passing at all as there is 10ft banks up each side. From my experience, most of the people in there don’t want to see trucks there. I was pulling out a blown up SXS with my toy and 2 guys on bikes literally pulled in front of me on the trail and fawkin roosted me multiple times with paddle tires while I was towing up hill. Total bullshit. It was a long weekend and lots of people. I feel if you went in on a regular weekend it would be alright just be careful as guys are flying everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk