Sandhollow

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Sandhollow

Post by Scoobienorth »

I’ll be honest I completely don’t have the funds to go and it may be a spontaneous trip when I do go but I will be heading back even if it’s 4 days of wheeling and 3-4 days of driving. Thinking of taking steves rubi on 35’s. 2 drivers 1 rig makes it easier for us to make time and enjoy the trip. Just wanted to throw it out there though in case anyone else was interested or spark some interest. Thinking maybe fall/winter later in the year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUI6mFqBWaE ... yt8fwiobqm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9ytikl5fg ... x7mcejk2aw
Last edited by Scoobienorth on Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: Sandhollow

Post by SasquatchCdn »

We went for 5 days last year.
Best rock crawling trails I've ever wheeled, 100% worth it.
If you go in oct they will be doing the trail hero event down there.

Sand hollow state park is decent and its right beside all the wheeling trails, what they call the "primitive camping" is basically just no hookups and your an extra 100 ft from the hot showers. So unless you need power don't waste your money on the nice camping spots.

The other option is anything outside the park is BLM land and you can camp for free.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

I'm interested but not sure if I'll have the time and money this year. Keep me in the loop for sure though.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I'd love to go. But my life schedule is completely useless. Maybe? Keep us posted.

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Provience »

I had a blast at trail hero, would love to go again. it wasn't as much of a wheeling trip though, because of the event there was more 'crowd' stuff to do and each day was kind of built around events.

going outside the event would be great to avoid the crowds :smokin: just need a rig to wheel with :rasta: for all i know, i'll have to make the trip out from the east coast :laughing:
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Ya. We ran in sandhollow by ourselves with just my minivan and it was fun but a guy had to be pretty conservative, I was in 33’s and open diffs but still got lots of technical wheeling and trails in. I’ll definitely go when there isn’t an event in if I can. There was a gncc or something, dirt bikes the first day we were there so half of it was closed. The corona virus is screwing plans up though. Eating savings and our dollar sucks for traveling

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

With the borders still locked down it's pretty safe to say sand hollow isn't happening this year??

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Nope. It doesn’t look like it’ll be for a while. I’ve got some us$ saved for gas money though, so when things clear up a bit I’ve got a big itch to scratch down there, or body work to scratch up

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

Yeah me too.
Really hoping we can go to KOH again this year but that's not looking all that great at this point either :(

HMF
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by HMF »

Yea was planning in racing this year in insanity fab winter challenge but even if they open the boarder not going this year

Mr.gutsy
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Mr.gutsy »

Soooo is this a thing next year? Always wanted to check this place out

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

It’s worth it for anyone who enjoys technical wheeling. There is so much terrain for any rig. It’s worth the trip. I’m still in for when it’s safe to go down