nine mile hazelton

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

nine mile hazelton

Post by pointsnorth »

anyone on here run the nine mile trail near hazelton? been on the to do list for awhile

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: nine mile hazelton

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

More details?

bsdevo
Forum Newbie

Post by bsdevo »

I know a guy in hazelton that runs it all the time I have not done it myself but definitely one I would like to do this year

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by SasquatchCdn »

Never heard of it.
Need more info... I feel like i haven't wheeled west of PG near enough.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

thats the problem there isnt alot of info on the interwebs. up until last year I had only info from people that lived local to the trail system in the past but nothing new and I was assuming it was probably over grown. Ive since gotten info from a group of enduro riders that run it pretty regular and they told me that it has been opened up considerably with people running sxs up there right from the town of hazelton. in located the trail head that has ample parking assuming some might trailer rigs. if you google nine mile mountain hazelton the trail is clear as day. ive still to confirm if its a drive thru trail or a turn and burn. that might involve some scouting.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

at one time when you accessed google maps you could click on links that showed a bunch of atv and sxs on the mountian. bv quadriders list it on their website as a trail

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Looks interesting. How old the imagery is will be part of the question. When I did Hagen Creek in the summer it looked reasonable from the much older satellite image, but was badly grown up for a 4x4.

That said, I have no issues smashing through some brush.

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

There's so many good trails in BC that were popular back in the 80's - 90's and early 2000's that just don't get run anymore cause you can't fit a gay-k or a bro-coma down them, and/or they don't make for good instagram pics.

And most people are too lazy to do a bit of trail clearing.

We need to get more people out and exploreing the backcountry and opening some of these trails back up.

At any rate, that's my friday night rant... If your gonna do this trail let me know, I'll try my hardest to make it.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

SasquatchCdn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:23 pm There's so many good trails in BC that were popular back in the 80's - 90's and early 2000's that just don't get run anymore cause you can't fit a gay-k or a bro-coma down them, and/or they don't make for good instagram pics.

And most people are too lazy to do a bit of trail clearing.

We need to get more people out and exploreing the backcountry and opening some of these trails back up.

At any rate, that's my friday night rant... If your gonna do this trail let me know, I'll try my hardest to make it.

yeah more of this needs to happen. Ive got near everything to get the cruiser back on the road and id like to do a lot more exploring this summer. ive got a list of old trails that I have yet to even see and thats just in my neck of the woods

if your coming this way you could make it a loop and run the telkwa pass as well. of course then there is telkwa micro wave, trapper mountain red rose etc

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

I was starting to plan a 5 day wheeling trip out that way for September. Telkwa pass is definitely on the list.

And then my brother in law got engaged, and booked his wedding for Sept in Kelowna... so that's gonna change my plans for sure.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

SasquatchCdn wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:43 am I was starting to plan a 5 day wheeling trip out that way for September. Telkwa pass is definitely on the list.

And then my brother in law got engaged, and booked his wedding for Sept in Kelowna... so that's gonna change my plans for sure.

Well if you want to come out to Enderby I can show you around Hunters Range then

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

SasquatchCdn wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:43 am And then my brother in law got engaged, and booked his wedding for Sept in Kelowna... so that's gonna change my plans for sure.
It's not your wedding, so I don't see why you need to be there.

:lmao:

SasquatchCdn
Web Wheeler

Post by SasquatchCdn »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote:
SasquatchCdn wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:43 am And then my brother in law got engaged, and booked his wedding for Sept in Kelowna... so that's gonna change my plans for sure.
It's not your wedding, so I don't see why you need to be there.

:lmao:
Yeah.......... No

Junkjunk
Forum Newbie

Post by Junkjunk »

So it depends what your driving. In a regular old daily wheeling wagon. It's a turn and burn. If you are feeling saucy. And have winches lockers, 37"+ tires, and some really good friends with the same gear. You could go over the top and come down some old logging roads on the backside to the Suskwa FSR. But it spits u out on the backside of a gated bridge. (Never know when it's open or closed) Guys on quads have done it and I have done it on a dirtbike. But there are lots of points of "no return". I would scout it on a quad first. There is a particularly nasty section of downhill swamp and a nasty downhill to creek crossing (used to have a brindge) that would be nasty in a rig. It has been 2 years since I did the loop. And It was on a bike. Soo. I say go for it!!
pointsnorth wrote:thats the problem there isnt alot of info on the interwebs. up until last year I had only info from people that lived local to the trail system in the past but nothing new and I was assuming it was probably over grown. Ive since gotten info from a group of enduro riders that run it pretty regular and they told me that it has been opened up considerably with people running sxs up there right from the town of hazelton. in located the trail head that has ample parking assuming some might trailer rigs. if you google nine mile mountain hazelton the trail is clear as day. ive still to confirm if its a drive thru trail or a turn and burn. that might involve some scouting.
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Junkjunk wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 am So it depends what your driving. In a regular old daily wheeling wagon. It's a turn and burn. If you are feeling saucy. And have winches lockers, 37"+ tires, and some really good friends with the same gear. You could go over the top and come down some old logging roads on the backside to the Suskwa FSR. But it spits u out on the backside of a gated bridge. (Never know when it's open or closed) Guys on quads have done it and I have done it on a dirtbike. But there are lots of points of "no return". I would scout it on a quad first. There is a particularly nasty section of downhill swamp and a nasty downhill to creek crossing (used to have a brindge) that would be nasty in a rig. It has been 2 years since I did the loop. And It was on a bike. Soo. I say go for it!!
pointsnorth wrote:thats the problem there isnt alot of info on the interwebs. up until last year I had only info from people that lived local to the trail system in the past but nothing new and I was assuming it was probably over grown. Ive since gotten info from a group of enduro riders that run it pretty regular and they told me that it has been opened up considerably with people running sxs up there right from the town of hazelton. in located the trail head that has ample parking assuming some might trailer rigs. if you google nine mile mountain hazelton the trail is clear as day. ive still to confirm if its a drive thru trail or a turn and burn. that might involve some scouting.
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Sounds interesting. Definitely worth a look.