Hudson’s Hope beach run spring 2024

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 67 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Hudson’s Hope beach run spring 2024

Post by Scoobienorth »

Just seeing if there’s any interest in next spring having some of you southerners up here. Williston Lake is about 20feet low from full pool so there’s still beach left which is rare meaning next spring it should be near record levels of beach depending on snowfall. May long weekend is a disaster up here with hundreds of quads and dirt bikes so I’d stay away that weekend. Easter might be a bit early. But it’s should be pretty cool though. I could find a trail or two possibly if there’s interest

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Re: Hudson’s Hope beach run spring 2024

Post by pointsnorth »

i'd be down for that as its been years since I have run the beach. and yes maylong is a gong show

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I have no idea what my life schedule is more than a few days before, but that sounds fun.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

I'd like to have my buggy then and try the wright lake trail into the old rec sight. tried it fifteen years ago in a cherokee on 33s and were denied after we were two thirds of the way in by a huge hill climb after making it thru after all the rocks

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

pointsnorth wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:08 pm I'd like to have my buggy then and try the wright lake trail into the old rec sight. tried it fifteen years ago in a cherokee on 33s and were denied after we were two thirds of the way in by a huge hill climb after making it thru after all the rocks
That’s a bit different now. The fire last year they pushed a trail right into or past it.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

IMG_6964.jpeg
Kinda crazy as we are already on the decline of the lake level. Normally my truck would be in the water or close to it in the pic above.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

As to wright lake as dry as it’s been lately it was an easy trip as to my understanding for our caliber of rigs but it was really tight going, most street vehicles wouldn’t fit. But with the fire and my gladiator being expensive and huge I haven’t really explored much. That’s kinda why I got my tj coming.

The other trail I’d like to cut back open is the Cameron lake trail. It was the toughest trail around here but lots of big trees came down over it. Everyone I know wouldn’t go out there anymore as they all broke lots of stuff.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

how far can you actually run the beach?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

pointsnorth wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:06 pm how far can you actually run the beach?
You can make it to approx 12km equivalent on the road that follows the lake. But you can go all the way from the dam. I’d say 15km’s total or so at low water